Your Advocate In Serious Injury Claims

Handling Serious Injuries To Longshoremen

The Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) provides for the payment of compensation benefits for the disability or death of an employee falling within the statute, if the disability or death results from an injury occurring upon the navigable waters of the United States. Under the statute, navigable waters include any adjoining pier, wharf, dry dock, terminal, building way, marine railway or other adjoining area customarily used by an employer in the loading, unloading, repairing or building of a vessel.

If you have suffered a disabling injury in the course of doing your job as a longshoreman or harbor worker, you have the right to seek compensation under the LHWCA. The process involved in obtaining compensation in these cases can be extremely complex and having a reliable Houma longshore accident injury lawyer behind you can help ensure that your rights are protected.

I Seek The Maximum Level Of Benefits Available To You

At the Law Offices of Brent J. Rhodes, I represent Louisiana vessel accident victims in a broad range of LHWCA claims. My extensive experience with these matters has given me a great deal of insight into the benefits that are available to injured workers and how to manage their cases in a way that gives them the best chance of obtaining the maximum level of benefits available.

In addition to seeking appropriate benefits under the LHWCA, I represent workers in personal injury claims against negligent parties other than their employers. If your injury was caused due to some type of equipment failure, for example, I can help you pursue damages against the equipment supplier, manufacturer or other negligent parties. These are commonly referred to as third-party claims.

Discuss Your Harbor Worker Injury Claim With An Attorney | Available 24/7

Contact my office to discuss your LHWCA claim. I offer a free initial consultation in every case. You can reach me at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 985-262-7799 or toll free at 866-692-8703.